Meet the 2016 Homecoming Candidates

Grace Wormley

Homecoming week is off to a great start here at Dowling Catholic. Lets meet the candidates!

marie-anderson

Marie Anderson

What are you involved in at DCHS? Cheerleading, jazz choir, chamber choir, a cappella, student ambassadors, NHS, and Maroon Crew

Dream career? My dream career is to be an entrepreneur who develops my own business that is hopefully located some place warm!

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with? Joseph Herold

What part of homecoming are you most looking forward to? I am looking forward to dinner with my friends at Anne Teeling’s house and seeing everyone all dressed up!

murphy-cavanaugh

Murphy Cavanaugh

What are you involved in at DCHS? Speech and Debate, Girls Golf, Student Ambassadors, NHS, Peer Tutors, Maroon Crew, Drama Club, Robotics, and Peer Ministry

What was your reaction when you heard you were a homecoming candidate? I honestly couldn’t believe it, mostly because I didn’t think anyone would nominate me! Then my Acting + class started calling me queen and bowing down to me; it was hilarious! I’m really excited, though, and am really happy to have such a great group of people to be on court with me.

Dream career? My dream career is to be a Pediatric Dentist. For my first year, however, I want to travel to a foreign country and work with Operation Smile.

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with at homecoming? I will be attending the dance with Juan Pablo aka JPad, Michael Castellano and a giant group of my friends!

mary-grace-henderson

Mary Grace Henderson

What are you involved in at DCHS? Student Ambassadors, HDMC, People to People, Maroon Crew, National Honor Society, and Dance Team

Dream Career? If I could have any job, I would definitely be a goat farmer.

What colleges are you looking at to expand your “Cranium”? I am not sure where I am going to college, but I am considering the University of Iowa, Drake, and Loyola.

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with at homecoming? I am going to homecoming with Brennen Hogan.

molly-munro

Molly Munro

What are you involved in at DCHS? Peer helpers, student ambassadors, Special Olympics, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and National Honor Society

What colleges are you looking at to expand your “Cranium”? Wake Forest and University of Michigan

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with at homecoming? Andrew Steenblock and Lauren Broderick

What part of homecoming are you most looking forward to? Having a fun night with all of my amazing friends!

sophie-nielson

Sophie Nielsen

What are you involved in at DCHS? Dance Team, HDMC, and Maroon Crew

Dream Career? My dream career would definitely be to go on tour with Beyonce as a back up dancer

What colleges are you looking at to expand your “Cranium”? I actually just decided that I’m going to be going to school at Iowa State next year

What part of homecoming are you most looking forward to? I’m looking forward to wearing fun outfits during all of homecoming week

kira-stark

Kira Stark

What are you involved in at DCHS? I am involved in Maroon Crew, Best Buddies, and Service of Solidarity

What colleges are you looking at to expand your “Cranium”? After looking at a few colleges, I made the decision to attend Iowa State

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with at homecoming? I am going to homecoming with the one and only Sam Coleman

What part of homecoming are you most looking forward to? The part of homecoming that I am most looking forward to is getting to spend the night with Sam and dance!

sam-coleman

Sam Coleman

What are you involved in at DCHS? Maroon Crew, swimming, cross country, and peer ministry

Dream Career? I want to be a freelance poet

What colleges are you looking at to expand your “Cranium”? University of Saint Thomas, Creighton, Saint Louis University, U of Colorado Boulder

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with at homecoming? Kira Stark

parker-corwin

Parker Corwin

What are you involved in at DCHS? Jazz band, marching band, drumline People to People International, Peer Tutors, NHS, NCYL, student council, maroon crew

What was your reaction when you heard you were a homecoming candidate?  I was shocked but also honored that I was nominated for homecoming king! When I got home that day, I told my mom to get her outfits ready because we were headed to the “big leagues”

Dream Career? I would love to own a private dentistry practice, or if the calling is right for me, I’d love to be a priest! Either way, I hope I can help people though what I do.

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with at homecoming? The one and only Kara Grossman!

ryan-farell

Ryan Farrell

What are you involved in at DCHS? I’m involved in Dowling Choirs, National Honor Society, Student Ambassadors, Academic Decathlon, Eco Club, SOS, and Maroon Crew

Dream Career? A doctor

What colleges are you looking at to expand your “Cranium”? Georgetown University and University of Iowa

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with at homecoming? Cate Freeman

sam-olson

Sam Olson

What are you involved in at DCHS? Baseball, Basketball, Student Ambassadors, Special Olympics, National Honors Society, and Maroon Crew

What colleges are you looking at to expand your “Cranium”?  I am still undecided on where I will go to college but I am trying to play baseball in college.

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with at homecoming? KATE MORRIS! She’s the best

What part of homecoming are you most looking forward to? Pictures and dinner because I love looking spiffy for pictures and eating a delicious dinner

hank-weresh

Hank Weresh

What are you involved in at DCHS? Swimming, Golf, NHS, SOS, Class Office, Peer Tutors, Student Ambassadors

Dream Career? Late Night Talk Show Host

Who are you going to “Just Dance” the night away with at homecoming? Kennedy Roberts

What part of homecoming are you most looking forward to? Having a good time with my friends while teaching my date some moves

tyler-wilcox

Tyler Wilcox

What are you involved in at DCHS? Video Game Club

Dream Career? Computer Programming

What colleges are you looking at to expand your “Cranium”? DMACC

What part of homecoming are you most looking forward to? Having fun at the dance

The king and queen will be announced at the pep assembly on Friday. Congratulations to all!