Q&A with Ellie Flynn

Earl Hulst

Earl Hulst

Ellie Flynn is a junior volleyball player here at Dowling Catholic. The summer going into her sophomore year, she transferred here from Cincinnati, OH. Here is a little more about Ellie:

Question: Who is your role model?

Answer: My biggest role model is probably my mom. She was also a volleyball player throughout grade school and high school. She has always taught me to work hard and it will pay off in the end. I try to push myself and my teammates to be the best that we can be and it is starting to pay off!

Q: Do you want to continue to play volleyball through college?

A: As of right now, I think I want to play in college because I love the game so much and I think it would be fun! But depending on my major, that may change. I have no clue where I would want to play, but it would be cool to play out of state!

Q: How long have you played volleyball?

A: I have actually been playing school volleyball since I was in first grade and started playing club volleyball in fourth grade and have been playing ever since! It is a lot different in Ohio. We start playing in third grade and it’s very intense. In high school, if you don’t play year round you usually get cut from the team and you actually can’t play more than one high school sport.

Q: What are your goals for you team for the rest of the season?

A: One of my main goals this season is to make it to state again. We started off the season a little shaky but we have been steadily improving ever since. We have a very hard working team this year and I could really see us finishing the season very strong if we continue to get better every chance we get. Our pairings came out for the regional games and we will most likely play Cedar Rapids Kennedy in the game to go to state if the rankings hold true.

Q: What is your favorite volleyball menu?

A: My favorite volleyball memory is definitely when we won the game against Valley last year to go to state last year. There was so much energy in the gym that night due to the student section, and I am so glad I got to be apart of that game!

Q: What other activities are you involved in?

A: Last year I played tennis for the first time and really enjoyed that so I’m planning on playing again! I also coach my sister’s volleyball teams. I play club volleyball and I have played sand volleyball up until last year.

• Q&A with Ellie Flynn

Features

20 Summer Activities

• Q&A with Ellie Flynn

Dances

11 Super Simple MORP costume ideas

• Q&A with Ellie Flynn

Features

Terra Livre

• Features

A Come to Jesus between Students and Teachers

• Features

The Lego Batman Movie Review

• Faith

Lenten Promises

• Features

Dankest Delights of 2017

• Features

Restaurant Review: Michael’s Pizza

• Features

STAYcation

• Q&A with Ellie Flynn

Opinion

5 Reasons Why I Love Chipotle

Q&A with Ellie Flynn