Restaurant Review: Michael’s Pizza

Michael’s Pizza is a cute little pizza joint located in Beaverdale. It’s authentic Italian feel and food makes you savor the experience.

The pizza comes in three sizes: small, medium, or large. Starting at a certain price, you can make your own pizza. Adding toppings will come with an additional charge, or you can order a specialty pizza. Every day of the week, there is a special deal. For example, Sundays are two dollars off large specialty pizzas. If you arrive at lunchtime, you can purchase a five dollar, eight inch pizza.

The wait is around ten minutes, depending on the crowd. It is normally not too busy, so the friendly employees can put all their attention on making sure you have a great time.

Starting off your meal, you can order from a nice variety of appetizers or salads. Not in the mood for pizza? Michael’s pizza has got you covered. Try one of their pastas or order off of the kid’s menu.

Now, for the most important part: the pizza.

It is absolutely fantastic. As soon as it arrives, hot off the oven, you wanna sink your teeth into it. The ten minute wait is immediately forgotten, and there is little talking as everyone digs in. No matter what type of pizza you like, Michael’s Pizza is sure to impress.

However, every place has their downsides. It is not cheap. The last two times I went, it was around ten to fifteen dollars to fill me up. I will admit that I eat a ton of pizza, but most pizza places are less expensive.

Davis Kennedy lives close to the restaurant and is a freshman at Dowling Catholic who has been to Michael’s Pizza. “It’s real, good pizza, but it’s too expensive,” Kennedy said.

What can you do? Before you pay, text “CONTEST25,” to 57711 for a chance at a huge discount. Even if you lose, you still may get a ten percent off discount.

Verdict: Michael’s Pizza is a tasty, casual and authentic pizza joint that will satisfy even the most picky eaters. I would totally recommend you give it a chance if you haven’t already.  They are located at 2629 Beaver Ave #13, Des Moines, IA 50310.

Restaurant Review: Michael’s Pizza