The Final Frame

Michael McVey

The Dowling Catholic Boys Bowling Team is tearing up the lanes so far this year. Through the first half of the year the Boys team is 4-3 but hopes to turn things up during the last half of the season. The team leader Jack Anstoetter, who is a team captain is having his best season yet by averaging a 180 per game.  He is one of three team leaders along with Colin Apprill and Conner O’Toole. All three are ready to make big things happen in the second half of the season.

Jack Anstoetter has been working on his bowling game all summer to get ready for the season this winter. He set his goals pretty high wanting his team to be a contender for the state title.

“Our goal as a team is to make it to state and place highly, and my goals as an individual is to win districts individually and bowl a 470 series,” Anstoetter said.

A big part of being a great team is having a great relationship on and off the lanes. It is safe to say that the DCHS boys bowling team has no problems with this at all. They do whatever they can to build a strong bond.

“We have team dinners and go bowling outside of practice to try and build a better bond,” Anstoetter said.

Anstoetter is a senior leader on the team and many people look up to him. That is why he wants to go out with a bang to end his bowling career.

“I will not be bowling in college. I will probably just do intramurals. The thing I am going to miss most about this team is all the great teammates I had; it was a good time,” Anstoetter said.

The best has yet to come with this group of guys. High expectations have been set, and hopefully they are met.

• The Final Frame

Photo

The Week in Pictures: January 19, 2018

• The Final Frame

Features

Working without WiFi

• The Final Frame

Features

20 Summer Activities

• The Final Frame

Dances

11 Super Simple MORP costume ideas

• The Final Frame

Features

Terra Livre

• Features

A Come to Jesus between Students and Teachers

• Features

The Lego Batman Movie Review

• Faith

Lenten Promises

• Features

Restaurant Review: Michael’s Pizza

• Features

STAYcation

The Final Frame