Get to know the 2017 Winter Formal Candidates!

Allison Moen:

Allison works at Sun Tan City and is the girls’ basketball manager here at Dowling. She plans to attend UNI and wants to become an elementary school teacher. Her favorite movie is Trolls and Trolls Holiday and if she could be in any Wii game she would choose Wii Resort.

Anna Mollenbeck

Anna is involved in Terra Livre, Badminton Club, bowling, Student Ambassadors, mock trial, choir, and is a co-president of Service of Solidarity Club. She is undecided on her college right now but will be majoring in International Relations. Her dream job is to work as an ambassador and if she could only eat one food for the rest of her life it would be Ice Cream.

Paige Madden-

This past summer Paige went on a mission trip to Guatemala where she helped build homes for families. She has been on the Dowling Catholic Dance Team all four years of her high school career and will be a part of Special Olympics this year. She works at the St. Francis after school Kids Care, loves Fettuccine Alfredo, and is going to the dance with Dalton Stelpflug.

Kaitlyn McClain-

Kaitlyn enjoys watching football, going to Monterrey with friends, shopping, spending time with family, and going on fun dates. She will be attending ISU in the fall, but for now she is going to Winter Formal with her boyfriend, Reilly Schmidt. The top three foods on her favorite list are pasta, tacos, and s’mores.

Annie Simplot-

Annie works at the Iowa ENT Center and has two sisters, Sarah and Meg. She is unsure on the college she will attend but is interested in pre-med. With her time at Dowling she became involved in Special Olympics, Best Buddies, Terra Livre, and Habitat for Humanity. If she could only eat one food for the rest of her life it would be pasta!

Laurel McGonegle-

Laurel will most likely be attending ISU in the fall for Food Sciences and Business. She would eat chocolate for the rest of her life if she could and would love to get away from her crazy high school life and jump into the game chutes and ladders. She has been involved in Cross Country, Track, Terra Livre, and Maroon Crew. Her winter Formal night will be filled with dancing and laughing with friends!

Duncan Kyhl-

Duncan plans to attend Midwest University with the intention of attending dental school. He has been involved in Cross Country, Hockey, track, Student Council, choir, and boy scouts. If he could be in any Wii game he would be in Wii Resort, “because it’s a resort and I’ve got Spring Break in the brain.”

Jack Hurley-

Jack has three siblings, Catie, Ellie, and Tommy. He plans to major in business at the University of Iowa. He has been involved in church league basketball, golf, and Special Olympics. He will be dancing away the night with Sydney Anderson.

Jack Mcgonegle-

Jack works at Sky Zone and is involved in wrestling and tennis at Dowling. He plans to attend Iowa State in the fall and major in Computer Engineering. If he could only eat one food for the rest of his life he would eat pizza.

Matthew Carmody-

Matthew has grown up in a busy household with six siblings, Thomas, John, Joseph, Allison, James, and David. He will be attending the University of Notre Dame and is currently undecided on his major. He has been involved in Cross Country, Winter Running, and Track and if he could only eat one food it would be chicken.

Kyle Scholten-

Kyle works at the Hy-Vee aisles online and has one sister. If he could only eat one food for the rest of his life it would be pizza. He will be attending Iowa State in the fall for business but for now he plans to dance alongside Sydney Webb at Winter Formal.

Chris Kunz-

Chris has made his time at Dowling count. He has been involved in Drumline, Show Choir, Terra Livre, Service of Solidarity, peer tutors, NHS, and the Science Bowl. After his life at Dowling he plans to major in math at Iowa State to become a math teacher. If he could hop into any Wii game it would be Mario Kart.