Tom Felton is back! 

TikTok is overtaken by Potterheads, or should we say Malfoyheads?

The+view+from+DracoTok.+

The view from DracoTok.

Paige Hobbs, Staff Writer

At this point TikTok might as well change its name and app description. The fans of Harry Potter have taken over everyone’s for you page. Are people mad though?

“I absolutely love it. I didn’t know I needed DracoTok as much as I did. Harry Potter is my favorite thing ever, and everytime I open TikTok I get so happy,” Grace Dowell (12) said. 

Even people who haven’t read the books or watched the movies are in love with it. The reason that they are so captivated can only be attributed to Tom Felton.

“I’ve never read any of the books or seen much of the movies, so when I ended up on DracoTok I was confused. However, now I don’t want to leave it ever! Draco Malfoy is so cute,” Lizzie Johnson (12) said. 

If you have indulged in the series you know that Draco Malfoy wasn’t portrayed as the hero. That fact has not stopped the DracoTokers from trying to rewrite history. Creators on the app make videos categorized as “POV’s” (point of views). They take clips from scenes in the movie and do them over in efforts to expose Draco’s humanity. 

“I know for a fact that Draco Malfoy is just misunderstood. He was waiting the whole series for someone to just listen to him or reach out. Now we all have the opportunity to show the ending that he deserved. We are done acknowledging the hero-complex that is Harry Potter without seeing the pure love that is Draco Malfoy,” Paige Hobbs (12) said. 

However, DracoTok is not just about spreading love for Draco Malfoy, but has begun to disown Harry Potter, the character. 

“Harry Potter should not be getting as much hate as he’s receiving. He did so much for the series and was the chosen one! Everyone has help along their journeys like Potter did. Just because Potter was portrayed as the main character isn’t his fault,” Jake Olson (12) said. 

Others prefer to stay on the lighter side of Harry Potter TikTok. 

“I love that I am on both DracoTok and WeasleyTok. They are both blessings that I cherish every time I hope the app,” Hobbs said. 

People today also love to stand out in the crowd when it comes to Harry Potter Tok. 

“I am just so different that I find Professor Snape attractive,” Stella Logsdon (12) said. 

TikTok has rejuvenated the Harry Potter series, and it won’t be leaving anytime soon.