The All-State Music Festival 2020

All-State is around the corner. Wish our choral contestants luck as they audition for the All-State Title.

Mr.+Tipping+and+participants+of+the+All-State+Festival+in+2019.+

Mr. Tipping and participants of the All-State Festival in 2019.

Sarah Wicker, Staff Writer/ Funny Person

As some may know, All-State is coming up quickly, and our fellow classmates are auditioning for their chance to be honored an Iowa All-State musician. 

For those of you who are wondering what All-State is exactly, Dowling Catholic Choral Director, Mr. Quinn Tipping, talked to the Post about what the festival entails. 

“The All-State Music Festival recognizes the musical achievements of Iowa’s finest high school musicians.  The Festival weekend consists of two days of rehearsals culminating in a finale concert at Hilton Coliseum in Ames,” Tipping said. 

Many groups of people are auditioning. Students can audition for All-State chorus, band, and orchestra. 

“Our singers learned five songs for auditions this year, representing a variety of musical eras, genres, and languages,” Tipping said. 

Due to the ongoing pandemic, the physical festival was sadly canceled. However. the committee has found a way to make this year’s All-State Festival special for it’s participants. 

“This year’s Festival weekend has been cancelled, so students are simply auditioning for the honor of being named an Iowa All-State musician,” Tipping stated. 

Though the format might be different, members of band and choir are still working to get a chance at All-State recognition.

“I’m so proud of our students for persevering this year despite all the new challenges 2020 has thrown our way!” Tipping said. 

Auditions are being held until October 21st and our contestants will find out the results on the 25th.