And…Milk!

Get to know your afternoon announcment crew. Spoiler: they love CodyKo!

Caroline Schultz

Antonio Banuelos-Moriel (12), Cece Villa (12), and Ellie Coleman (12) delivering your afternoon announcements.

Caroline Schultz, Staff Writer

They bring us breaking news, sports scores, and even leave us looking forward to tomorrow’s lunch; who really are the iconic students behind the afternoon announcements? The Post got to know Dowling’s most familiar voices.

Antonio Banuelos-Moriel (12)

Antonio Banuelos-Moriel (12), afternoon announcements affiliate.

Q: What activities are you involved in?

A:  I am involved in Cross Country, Swimming, Special Olympics, Swimming, Ut Fidem, and I do Mexican Folk Dance with a Des Moines group.

Q: What are your future plans? 

A: My future plans are to study Industrial Engineering and Business at an undecided university. Then, travel the world.

Q: If you could co-host a show with anyone, who could it be?

A: If I could co-host a show with anyone, it would be CodyKo because he is the most relatable person on the planet, and he has his priorities straight when it comes to this generation.

Q: What are you planning to do your last summer before college?

A: This last summer before college I am planning on working some jobs to save up as much money for college as I can. I also plan on living it up with my friends by painting the town, going on car rides, and spending as much time outside.

Q: If you had a one-way ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?

A: If I had a one-way ticket to anywhere in the world I would go to Idaho. It’s a state full of lakes, rivers, mountains, and cabins. I would build a cabin, drink coffee, and go skiing and snowboarding all-day.

Ellie Coleman (12)

Ellie Coleman (12), afternoon announcements affiliate (Daniel Nielson)

Q: What activities are you involved in?

A: I am in everything theater-related, Choir, Mock Trial, Speech, Maroon Crew, Student Ambassadors, Ut Fidem, and I work at Java Joes!

Q: What are your future plans? 

A: Right now, the end goal is law school! Waiting to hear back from some scholarships I interviewed for before I decide on a school, though.

A: Honestly, Antonio. Dream team material. 

A: This summer I’m planning on working a lot. I also want to counsel at CYC again. Hopefully, I’ll still have plenty of free time to hang out with all my best gal pals before we leave each other forever and ever. 

A: If I had a one-way ticket anywhere, I would want to go to the Harry Potter Universe. I hope fictional responses are both allowed and appreciated!

Cece Villa (12)

Cece Villa (12), afternoon announcements affiliate.

Q: What activities are you involved in?

A: I’m involved in Soccer, Art Club, Maroon Crew, Ut Fidem, Special Olympics, Huddle, and Student Ambassadors. Outside of school, I play club soccer and am super involved at my home parish, St. John and Paul.

Q: What are your future plans? 

A: I am going to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to play soccer and study athletic training.

A: Cody Ko because we could talk about anything or just watch a video and react, and I feel like we could make it hilarious. 

A: I am planning on enjoying my time off from school with my besties and working as a goalkeeper coach for kids. 

A: Africa because it is on my bucket list to hug a lion and ride an elephant.

Thank you to our afternoon announcement crew for bringing us Dowling Catholic’s latest, and for always giving us a good laugh in the process!