A Look into Lashes

get inSIGHT into popular eyelash routines at dowling catholic

Emily Allen

Many people at Dowling express themselves in different ways; one of these unique ways is through their eyelashes!

Emily Allen , Staff Writer

Here at Dowling, students are always looking to express themselves in unique ways. Makeup is one of these ways. Mascara is one of the most popular ways people express themselves through makeup. Although it is just one item, there are so many different ways to change the appearance of your eyelashes. Below are a few examples of eyelashes done either by mascara or a professional.

Anna Claire (12) uses L’Oreal Paris voluminous Million Mascara

Karley Swesey  (12) uses Maybelline Lash Stiletto and Maybelline Lash Sensational

Kennedy Jones (12) gets her eyelashes lifted and tinted by Darcy Villalobos, owner of Flawless Skin and Lashes Des Moines.

Abby Dressen (12) gets fake eyelashes done by Beauty and Brow Lashes.

Ella Jones (9) puts Ardel semi-permanent fake eyelashes on herself.

These are just a few of many different ways people express themselves through makeup, specifically eye lashes. Changing the appearance of your eye lashes can change the appearance of your whole look. Mascara seems to be the most common makeup choice, considering it is and easiest and quickest thing to do before you leave. It takes most people less than a couple of minutes. When long term fake eye lashes are applied, they can last a couple of weeks and make your morning routine quicker as well. Shoes and clothes aren’t the only last minute touches you can add to spice up your daily look here at Dowling Catholic.