Breaking News
  • April 19Student Service/Senior Celebration Assembly: 4/30
  • April 19Scholastic Achievement Assembly: 4/24
  • March 20Spring Sports are in full swing! Support the Maroons!
  • March 4"Newsies" will come to the stage April 25-27!

Serving Up A Successful Season

Three seniors discuss the current volleyball season and future plans
The volleyball team gets ready for their game [J. Stewart]

Olivia Chapman (‘23) is a defensive specialist on the Dowling Catholic varsity volleyball team. She has been playing volleyball for a long time, ever since her dad taught her at the age of 3.

When asked what she enjoys about volleyball, Chapman replied, “I love to work hard with my teammates and accomplish goals that we set for ourselves.”

Chapman is soaking up her last season of volleyball. After high school, she plans to attend nursing school.

Megan Frischmeyer (‘23) is an outside hitter on Dowling’s varsity team. She has been playing volleyball since 4th grade.

One of her best memories from volleyball was when her club team won the Chicago qualifier this past year. This season, Frischmeyer hopes to continue to make fun memories with her teammates.

I enjoy the competitiveness of volleyball and the fact that it takes my mind off whatever I’m stressed about in my personal life.” 

Next fall, Frischmeyer wants to study business at either the University of Iowa or Wisconsin.

Emma Tallman (‘23) is a middle blocker on Dowling’s varsity team. This year, she is looking forward to playing in the state tournament. 

Tallman enjoys playing volleyball with her friends and loves traveling to big tournaments to compete with teams from all around the country. Her best memory from volleyball was beating Liberty in the 5th set last season. 

“After my high school season, I will be playing my last year of club, then I plan on attending North Dakota State University to play volleyball and study psychology,” said Tallman.