Road Trippin With Homecoming Court

Road Trippin’ With Homecoming Court

Meet the Homecoming Court of 2023!
Suzanne Bigelow
Suzanne Bigelow

Suzanne Bigelow has been involved in Policy Debate since freshman year. Bigelow is also involved in National Honor Society and Student Ambassadors. Outside of school, Bigelow is involved in Competitive Irish dance, piano, and guitar. She plans to attend college to study philosophy and eventually go to law school.

Genevieve Brick
Genevieve Brick

Genevieve has participated on the DCHS dance team since her freshman year. She was also a student officer during her freshman year and is a vice president of the National Honor Society. Brick is a part of the Eco Club and SOS Club. Mr. McGuire is her favorite teacher because he is passionate about what he does and curates a class environment that encourages learning through experience. Her date to homecoming is Owen Smerage and Genevive is wearing a sequined dress with flowers on it. She is hoping to attend Wake Forest University next fall. She is looking into majoring in English Literature and minoring in Women’s and Gender Studies.

Chloe Nielsen
Chloe Nielsen

Chloe is a student athletic trainer for the football team and she is involved in Ut Fidem, Students for Life, Fall Project, Yearbook, Maroon Crew, Senior Officers, Best Buddies, and Outreach. Her favorite teacher is Mrs. Sheaff because she is always helping students grow in their relationship with God, creates a Christ-centered environment everywhere she is, and is quite funny! She is going to homecoming with Danny Pierick and her dress is pink, sparkly, and ruffly. She is attending Iowa State University to study psychology and marketing.

Julia Willcox
Julia Willcox

Julia plays soccer during the spring and has been playing since freshman year.  She is involved in One Dowling Family and has been since sophomore year and is one of the o-leaders this year as well. She is in NHS as of her junior year as well as Maroon Crew. Her favorite Dowling teacher is Mr. McGuire because he is extremely welcoming and his room provides a safe space for a ton of students including herself. She is going to homecoming with a friend from DC-G. Her dress is one-sleeved, and Barbie pink. Next year she is planning on attending KU or Iowa to study on the pre-physical therapy track. 

Sienna Sloan
Sienna Sloan

Sienna is involved in the Pre-Law Club, Cards for a Cause, Maroon Crew, and Leadership Club. Her favorite teacher is Mr. McClain because he has funny stories. Her date is Owen Palmer and she is wearing a black silk dress with red shoes. She is attending the University of Iowa next fall and plans to study psychology and criminology.

Chris Belz
Chris Belz

Chris has been a part of the Art Club and Knitting Club since the start of his sophomore year. He has been a part of the Video Game Club since the start of the 2nd semester of his sophomore year. His favorite teacher is Mr. Peterson because he is one of the teachers that he has known the longest and he participates in the club that he is the teacher for, which is Video Game Club. He is going to homecoming with a group of friends and he is wearing a red shirt with a black tie. He is going to the University of Iowa next year to study Biology and History.

Alier Agau
Alier Agau

Alier has been playing basketball since 2nd grade. He has also run track since 5th grade year and started throwing in 7th grade. He is involved in choir and show choir. His favorite teacher is Mr. Shreck or Mr. Patten since they both are pretty chill and laid-back teachers whom he likes to converse and joke with. He is going to homecoming with Ella Elliot and a group of friends and he is wearing a black shirt and purple tie and suspenders.

Abby Wilcox
Abby Wilcox

Abby is involved in NHS, Student Philanthropy Council, Cards for a Cause, Maroon Crew, Ut Fidem, and Girls Swimming. Her favorite teacher is Mr. Meeks because he is always super happy and cares genuinely for everyone, or Mrs. Umstead because she makes learning really fun. She is going to homecoming with Will Leifker, and her dress is bright red with some gold. Next year she will be going to the University of South Dakota to swim and major in marketing.

Matthew Aschoff
Matthew Aschoff

Matthew Aschoff is involved in Peer Ministry and has coached Special Olympics since his Sophomore year. He has also played baseball since his freshman year.

Bernard Cofie
Bernard Cofie

Bernard Cofie is involved in Maroon Crew, Maroon Council and he volunteers at St. Vincent De Paul regularly. Cofie plans to go to college for engineering but he is not quite sure which one yet.

Atem Deng
Atem Deng

Atem Deng has played football since his freshman year and is also involved in track and wrestling. Deng plans to attend college for business but is undecided about where to attend.

Lucas Hilligas
Lucas Hilligas

Lucas Hilligas is involved in football, track, Ut Fidem, and student ambassadors. Hilligas plans to attend the University of Iowa to study business next fall.

Kyle Rakers
Kyle Rakers

Kyle Rakers plays football and has played since his freshman year and is attending Kansas State on a football scholarship.

Olivia Hall
Olivia Hall

Olivia Hall runs cross country and track and has been running since middle school. Hall is also involved in choir and jazz choir. She is also involved in Ut Fidem. Hall is undecided about what to study and where to attend.