Breaking News
  • April 19Student Service/Senior Celebration Assembly: 4/30
  • April 19Scholastic Achievement Assembly: 4/24
  • March 20Spring Sports are in full swing! Support the Maroons!
  • March 4"Newsies" will come to the stage April 25-27!

Around Town: Beaverdale Holiday Lights

An illuminating and jolly experience!

Greetings and welcome to the second installment of Around Town! This time, due to it being the holiday season, I felt inspired to go see some Christmas lights – and take some pictures for you all. These particular pictures were taken in Beaverdale on Ashby and Wallace Avenues. There’s an annual tradition for the houses on this street to go all out decorating their houses with lights for cars to drive through and see. They start powering these lights officially two weeks before Christmas and keep them lit until the 31st. I remember driving through these streets with my parents when I was younger, my dad would always demand that we play “Charlie Brown” music as we drove through. If you’re interested, it’s a really quick drive through the lights. If you ever find yourself in the area after 6 pm or you’re just looking for something to do, take the quick drive through to see some really cool lights!

Included you will also see some pictures of the Holy Trinity Catholic Church, the church of my middle school, and the First Church of the Open Bible. At the latter of these churches, you will see quite the show as the lights they have outside actually dance and flash to music, which I only discovered recently. There’s a particular radio station that you can tune into to hear and see the lights and music synced up together. 

Whether you’re having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit, you’re just looking for something to do, or you’re just in the area with some time to spare, Beaverdale has a lot to offer to get you feeling a little lighter and a little more jolly!