Breaking News
  • April 19Student Service/Senior Celebration Assembly: 4/30
  • April 19Scholastic Achievement Assembly: 4/24
  • March 20Spring Sports are in full swing! Support the Maroons!
  • March 4"Newsies" will come to the stage April 25-27!

EAT PANCAKES

The Pancake Breakfast is Coming Up, Get Hungry!
A. Langin
Bonnie Bronson, events and community engagement manager at DCHS, poses with a giant stack of pancakes.
Over 5,000 pancakes, at least 1,200 pounds of pancake mix, roughly 200 bottles of syrup, and 7,200 packs of butter. All of this hard work is to raise money for Dowling Catholic High School. The pancake breakfast is a major event at DCHS. It has happened every year and this year’s pancake breakfast will be the 62nd year.

Bonnie Bronson is the events and community engagement manager. Bronson plans and coordinates all the DCHS events such as the Golf Outing, the Grandparent’s Mass, the Pancake Breakfast, and The Bash. This is Bronson’s first year as the events manager and she is having a lot of fun.

“There is always something going on at DCHS.”

The pancake breakfast is very important to DCHS from a fundraising aspect due to the school and the students. This year the advancement office is partnering with the student activities department. The funds raised will support the activity clubs at DCHS.

“This is the very first time we are doing this and the money raised will go into a bucket that activities can pull from. So things you don’t have funds for in your club or if you want to create a new club, you will be able to do that,” Bronson says.

Many volunteers are needed to make this pancake breakfast a success. At least 250 volunteers are needed for the pancake breakfast.

“We make and serve every single pancake so that is a lot of manpower needed.”

$36,000 is raised every year due to the pancake breakfast. Bronson says that the goal is to raise more than that this year.

The Pancake Breakfast is on Sunday, October 29th. It starts at 7:30 a.m. and goes until 12:00 p.m. Tickets are available online under the events page on the DCHS website. Tickets are also available when you walk in the door on October 29th.